RE: LS BOUNCE

From: Sterling, Greg (greg.sterling@eds.com)
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 13:20:42 GMT

Rich wrote:

>... and I realized another shortcoming
>in my description. Pirsig's lowest conflict is that of Inorganic
>Patterns over Chaos... is this degenerate Dynamic quality?
Yes it is dynamic quality :). Pirsig says quality has everything.
Inorganic Patterns are just the first static latch towards dynamic
quality. The only thing I can think of that does not exist in the
dynamic quality is nothingness, yet a vacuum still defines
something.

>How can we describe a higher level of Dynamic Quality?
I might state that we currently can't define a higher level of
dynamic quality without a social/intellectual change. What
this would entail I can't know, then again the answer could
be right in my face and I just can't see it.

>These are some deep questions, and I don't think Pirsig really explores
>them in ZMM or Lila. Is the end of the road when humanity/reality exists
>in a purely dynamic form? I find this impossible... remember, without
>static patterns, life is impossible.
It makes sense that "life" ( humanity? ) is reaching for a goal much greater
than any of us can perceive, but I don't think dynamic quality is the goal.

Possibly forms of quality which are more dynamic, but can anything
truly be dynamic. That would require removing all forms of static patterns
that were needed to get there, this includes form and intelligence, does
this make sense?

Greg

MOQ Online - http://www.moq.org