Re: LS PROGRAM: Power and the MOQ

From: Carmen Flynn (theflynn@dynamo.com.ar)
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 12:53:11 BST

Hello LS,
This months topic is/was:
{H.N.Brailsford has said "the crude issue of power... is always the
last of the realities that sensitive and reasonable men can bring
themselves to face".
What, if anything, does the Metaphysics of Quality have to say about
the realities of power. }

Carmen:
Roger's and Michele's contributions to this month's topic, found me in a day when
I was ready to go back to my books and own studies and forget about my beloved LS
for a while. After all a person has only so much mental storage and processing
capacity. But, as a microcomputer processor works more efficiently in parallel
rather than linear; my brain has just switched to parallel processing, once
more. Along with other tasks, I will continue working on this month's topic.
Actually Roger's note has done a lot of work for me. It actually found the word
POWER in Lila. That is a good place to work around.
Has anyone else found the word POWER anywhere else in Lila? If so, please let me
know. One of this day's I am going to sit down and SCAN the whole book on my
scanner. That way I could use the computer to find specific words, such as the
key word to this month's topic. The key word being POWER. But, until I find the
time to do that, I would have to do with what I got.
Back to Michele's e-mail, I find another word (which is not related to this
month's topic) but somehow keeps comming up. The word I am refering to is WAR.
Power and war somehow seem to find each other and pop-up as a red-green light to
us poor mortals in search of who-knows-what. These Mortals, we ourselves are:
    "sensitive and reasonable men " ( men = person = women = human =
mortal)
To conclude the my mumble-jumble, I was re-reading around Carlos Castaneda's
work. He has a lot to say about POWER and WAR and warriors..... and so on. Since
all this Objects and subjects includes all "sensitive and reasonable men", I find
an interesting line from Castanedas's work:

    "They are creatures of war but not of destruction". (from 'The Eagle's Gift',
ch 1. p 18. Penguin Books.

Is there such a THING?. Could one be a 'creture of war but not of destruction???

UPS!!! My time is up, and I have to go on to process other tasks.

Ciao Bello(a)s from LS,
Carmencita.

MOQ Online - http://www.moq.org