Re: MD On Faith

From: Richard Loggins (brloggins@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 13:47:58 BST

    Mel,
    But wasn't Jesus a carpenter?
    Rich

    mel:
    "...lack of interest in making value judgements..."?
    Anyone involved in scientific research, in my experience
    (limited to chemists, physicists, biologists...mostly)
    makes value judgements all day long on every phase of a
    project. The science 'itself' is no more equipped to make
    ethical judgements than the hand calculator, but science
    does not "do" itself, people do science.

    People inside or outside of science have the same mix
    of proclivity and limitations in living their lives...

    What about ethical plumbing, carpentry, violin playing...

    clear?

    thanks--mel