Re: MD Where does quality reside?

From: Joseph Maurer (jhmau@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sat Oct 30 2004 - 20:30:56 BST

    On 29 October 2004 9:01 AM Erin writes:

    [Erin] I was wondering if people answer this in the context of the analogy that was given earlier about Pirsig's point is that we have another sense for quality/value. I am not sure if I understand that. Senses are separating information, so the light- vision, sound- hearing, etc. so if you make the value-Quality sense, it seems like you are doing a split that you shouldn't be doing if value really is the "groundstuff".

    Hi Erin and all,

    Welcome back!

    [joe] evolution produces three levels from one level! Is this possible? In terms of evolution Awareness is 0! Is this possible? All men are created equal! Is this possible?

    [joe] a sentient has three brains, a way to experience the level of origin. Mystical brains, not separating information but connecting to its proper level. All men are created equal.

    [joe] the new individual composed of three levels of experience creates an awareness and can create new configurations in awareness from the three levels. Awareness is 0!

    [joe] matter is composed of three forces which in certain circumstances can be separated from matter. Evolution produces three levels from one level!

    [joe] what is the value of quanta, string, membrane, multiple universe discoveries? I have no idea!

    [joe] all this is dogma! Is it based in experience? Mystical experience is not subjective in the sense of subjective/objective metaphysical division. The source of the dogma: Pirsig, Gurdjieff, Joseph Campbell, Peter Maurin, Dorothy Day, a lady. I am not creative, I merely repeat what I have heard or read.

    Joe