MD For Anthony's PhD

From: Platt Holden (pholden@sc.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jul 08 2005 - 11:49:07 BST

    Hi All,

    Congratulations to Anthony McWatt on receiving his PhD this week. Quite
    coincidentally I happened across the following passage from a poem by his
    fellow Englishman William Wordsworth that to me captures the spirit of
    Dynamic Quality:

    I have felt
    A presence that disturbs me with the joy
    Of elevated thought: a sense sublime
    Of something far more deeply interfused,
    Whose dwelling is the light of setting suns,
    And the round ocean and the living air,
    And the blue sky, and the mind of man---
    A motion and a spirit, that impels
    All thinking things, all objects of thought,
    And rolls through all things.

    I think DQ impelled Anthony's thoughts as he wrote his thesis, for which
    we and the world are grateful.

    Best,
    Platt