RE: MD Darwinisn in dispute ?

From: Ian Glendinning (ian@psybertron.org)
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 17:48:11 BST

    Thanks Bo,

    I was pretty sure there was no conflict, I certainly knew I was comfortable
    with both, that's why I was surprised to see the debate on my return from
    holiday. Interestingly in my copy of Lila, the two paragraphs you quote are
    highlighted in outline and annotated ..

    "Quality = Fitness OK !!!!"

    Ref your PS, In other contexts (like Artificial Intelligence / Natural
    Language / Adaptive Systems) I've often raised points about "best" being a
    value judgement, and pointed back to Pirsig and MoQ as the hierarchical
    framework for making such judgements.

    Ian