Re: MD junk or politics on this list

From: Bluesnite (bluesnite@ntlworld.com)
Date: Sun Apr 04 2004 - 08:13:20 BST

    Hi Steve and all

    This is my first contribution so bear with me.

    I have been riding motorcycles for years and have restored several (eg 1976
    Honda CB400) with sometimes mixed feelings - ZMM was catalyst. I initially
    fell into camp 'Sutherland' and to be honest have occasionally strayed back
    into the camp as different bikes/problems came along. It is hard to explain
    as I work in the trenches of the chemical industry and love computers,
    etc...

    I suspect I feel the quality of what the machine can give me in terms of
    riding (and thinking) rather than the mechanics of what I am riding. I am
    obviously aware that the two are inseparable in order to experience the
    riding quality. As you guys know, with the debates I am reading, it is a
    seriously deep area once entered.

    My thoughts are, don't let lack of empathy with one area or a percieved lack
    of quality appreciation eat into the quality appreciation of another as you
    will end up enjoying neither. The lowest quality situation of all.

    Comments please.

    Bluesnite