Re: MD The problem of one self and four discrete levels of static patterns

From: Wim Nusselder (wim.nusselder@antenna.nl)
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 05:28:12 BST

    Dear David M.,

    You wrote 6 Sep 2004 20:18:51 +0100:
    '& it seems that when you create SQ you no longer need conscious awareness,
    ever driven yourself home with barely a conscious thought about the right
    turn?'

    Not all sq, but yes, habitual patterns of value (my preferred name for 3rd
    level patterns of value) often make symbolic patterns of value (4th level
    patterns of value) superfluous. That's why most of our behaviour is guided
    by habits instead of thoughts (if we forget about instinctual, DNA-guided
    behaviour). Sq at the 4th level requires regular, but not constant conscious
    awareness for its maintenance. You have to use a 4th level pattern of value
    with some regularity for decision-making or you don't recognizable
    participate in it any more. If no-one particpates in a symbolic pattern of
    value any more, it loses its meaning (cf. a dead language).

    With friendly greetings,

    Wim