Re: MD On Faith

From: Erin (macavity11@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 02:29:15 BST

    ml <mbtlehn@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
    Hello Erin,

    ---- Original Message -----
    From: Erin
    To: moq_discuss@moq.org
    Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 1:57 PM
    Subject: Re: MD On Faith

    Hi,

    There are many "rational" people who think the MOQ is "irrational" and
    nothing you have said seems like it would convince them. I wanted you to
    explain your argument to a skeptic-----slapping a title "rational
    empiricism" I would doubt would convince them.
    Can you explain why it is rational empiricism, please.

    mel:
    It seems that labeling MoQ as either rational or irrational is
    rather a SOM-ish position. Fine for a philosophy class but
    counter productive for wrapping crenelations of squishy
    brain matter around Quality.

    Hi,
    I am not trying to give you a hard time mel. I am just truly confused at how you distinguish these things. I'm getting dizzy trying to figure out what the heck your argument is.....remind me why you justify your belief in MOQ is not faith with the claim that it falls as RATIONAL empiricism and then with this new statement shun rational label as SOM and seemingly start to describe a realm of beyond understanding which was how you described faith.

    Erin