Re: MD Pirsig an artist - MoQ & love

From: Dan Glover (daneglover@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 23:36:30 GMT

    Hello everyone

    >From: "Magnus Berg" <McMagnus@home.se>
    >To: moq_discuss@moq.org
    >Subject: Re: MD Pirsig an artist - MoQ & love
    >Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 17:08:00 01100
    >
    >Hi Dan and Willy
    >
    >Dan wrote:
    > >In my opinion, like Dynamic Quality, love cannot be defined, so there is
    > >little use in analyzing it. Love just is.
    >
    >I mostly agree with Dan here. Love cannot be defined, so it does look like
    >DQ to us. However, my own little pet theory is that it is a fifth level. It
    >fits rather well with Pirsig's description of a level:
    >
    >"The higher level can often be seen to be in opposition to the lower level,
    >dominating it, controlling it where possible for its own purposes."
    >
    >Anybody recognize love in opposition to intellect? Expressions such as
    >irrational are often used when an attempt is made to intellectualise
    >behaviour of people in love. But at the same time it is often also
    >described as some higher kind of good, i.e. a higher level.
    >
    >But of course, it could also simply be DQ, we have no way of intellectually
    >knowing.

    Hi Magnus!

    Maybe it depends on what kind of love we are talking about. The wild
    irrational love in youth gives way to a deeper more profound love with
    maturity, if we're lucky. What I find interesting is that many intellectual
    discoveries also occur in youth and mature with age. Again, perhaps just a
    matter of loving what you do.

    Dan