Re: Re: MD The Transformation of Love

From: Joe (jhmau@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Wed Jul 02 2003 - 18:52:06 BST

    On 30 June 2003 1:07 PM Johnny writes:

    Johnny:
    Why is something that is perfectly legal to do in "private" illegal to do in
    "public"? Why are some things legal to do in public, like hold hands, kiss,
    etc, but other things not?

    Doesn't it come down to moral standards? And didn't the court just say that
    moral standards are not a sufficient grounds for a law? What sort of
    sufficient grounds need to be found to justify keeping people from public
    sex? Who is harmed by merely witnessing consentual sex? Uptight people
    only, right?

    Hi Johnny and all,

    joe: explosive questions! Are we born into a social order or do we become
    members? Are there different social orders on different surfaces of the
    planet? I can not answer these questions! Does place matter for social
    organization? When I act the dq is from an instinctive experience of
    purpose!

    It seems it is the responsibility of the culture to prepare children to
    enter into full society. The destruction of children's chances to become
    full members of society seems to be a moral failure. The law and court
    system seem to be based not on morals, which order is first, but on common
    law, what is popular.

    I was raised on a farm, and copulation between farm animals was not a big
    deal. Beastiality, incest, sexual child abuse were repugnant. There was
    not much discussion. Animals instinctively know fertility requirements.
    There is a process to be followed.

    When it became somewhat clear that public hangings were encouraging brutal
    elements in society, they were discontinued. Brutality seems to be an
    instinctively known aspect of the social order. Anarchy is unreasonable,
    brutality is unreasonable. Capital punishment of citizens is not yet seen
    as unreasonable.

    Pirsig describes Native American speech as being straight from the heart.
    He quoted chief Ten Bears in Lila p 45. Perhaps the Native American culture
    was a more instinctive culture, and the Victorian culture was more
    intertwined with S/O.

    Joe