Re: MD When is a metaphysics not a metaphysics?

From: David MOREY (us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Sat Nov 22 2003 - 23:51:29 GMT

    Matt

    Yeah I think Rorty's political interventions are very worthwhile and a real
    humane voice.
    But there are many fronts. Academics really ought to be more concerned about
    the nature of
    our education systems. Also I think that challenges to SOM like Pirsig's can
    be important.
    You only have to look at how SOM makes certain things possible and others
    off limits.
    I would also like to think that conceptual changes can be addressed in a
    larger audience than those that
    philosophy addresses. If we hope for progress in the political arena I think
    we are in really big
    trouble. But in the UK we are big on shallow and pointless politicians.

    regards
    David M