Re: MD Anti-theism in the MOQ

From: Valuemetaphysics@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 15:03:14 BST

    Mark and all MOQers:

    MM said:
    Thanks for a great post rejecting Ken Wilber's half baked approach to
    philosophy.

    dmb replies:
    Mark, your weird attack is a response to naked Pirsig quotes that do not
    mention or refer to Ken Wilber in any way.

    Mark 26-7-04: I'm not attacking Ken Wilber dmb. I simply observe his
    philosophy is inconsistent. I find Pirsig to be most consistent.

    Mark 26-7-04: Two points: 1. I have found KW to be poor reading for many
    years before introducing coherence. This is a matter of public record. Therefore,
    i am being consistent in my views. 2. I could not care a monkey's chuff what
    you say about coherence, because it is plain you have been disingenuous.

    Mark 26-7-04: Aldous Huxley is one of a vast number of thinkers who KW has
    used. Even KW's term, 'holons' was coined by someone other than KW.

    Mark 26-7-04: I have no problem with perennial philosophy. I do however feel
    that KW does it an enormous injustice; he's making allot of money out of it.

    Mark 26-7-04: May i use a rather unpleasant analogy dmb? KW's books are like
    a dog turd filled with diamond dust the dog had licked up off the floor.

    Mark 26-7-04: Ken Wilber has set himself up as a social icon. KW is almost a
    brand name in transpersonal psychology. The KW brand has been used to sell
    'spiral dynamics' and 'beyond the green meme' crap to business for example. This
    is the body of the KW turd.

    Thanks,
    dmb

    Mark 26-7-04: I shall leave you and your ego together.
    All the best,
    Mark